Terms and conditions
These terms and conditions (“Agreement”) set forth the general terms and conditions of your use of the mer-made.com website (“Website” or “Service”) and any of its related products and services (collectively, “Services”). This Agreement is legally binding between you (“User”, “you” or “your”) and this Website operator (“Operator”, “we”, “us” or “our”). If you are entering into this agreement on behalf of a business or other legal entity, you represent that you have the authority to bind such entity to this agreement, in which case the terms “User”, “you” or “your” shall refer to such entity. If you do not have such authority, or if you do not agree with the terms of this agreement, you must not accept this agreement and may not access and use the Website and Services. By accessing and using the Website and Services, you acknowledge that you have read, understood, and agree to be bound by the terms of this Agreement. You acknowledge that this Agreement is a contract between you and the Operator, even though it is electronic and is not physically signed by you, and it governs your use of the Website and Services.
Accounts and membership
If you create an account on the Website, you are responsible for maintaining the security of your account and you are fully responsible for all activities that occur under the account and any other actions taken in connection with it. We may, but have no obligation to, monitor and review new accounts before you may sign in and start using the Services. Providing false contact information of any kind may result in the termination of your account. You must immediately notify us of any unauthorized uses of your account or any other breaches of security. We will not be liable for any acts or omissions by you, including any damages of any kind incurred as a result of such acts or omissions. We may suspend, disable, or delete your account (or any part thereof) if we determine that you have violated any provision of this Agreement or that your conduct or content would tend to damage our reputation and goodwill. If we delete your account for the foregoing reasons, you may not re-register for our Services. We may block your email address and Internet protocol address to prevent further registration.
Billing and payments
You shall pay all fees or charges to your account in accordance with the fees, charges, and billing terms in effect at the time a fee or charge is due and payable. Sensitive and private data exchange happens over a SSL secured communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures, and the Website and Services are also in compliance with PCI vulnerability standards in order to create as secure of an environment as possible for Users. Scans for malware are performed on a regular basis for additional security and protection. If, in our judgment, your purchase constitutes a high-risk transaction, we will require you to provide us with a copy of your valid government-issued photo identification, and possibly a copy of a recent bank statement for the credit or debit card used for the purchase. We reserve the right to change products and product pricing at any time. We also reserve the right to refuse any order you place with us. We may, in our sole discretion, limit or cancel quantities purchased per person, per household or per order. These restrictions may include orders placed by or under the same customer account, the same credit card, and/or orders that use the same billing and/or shipping address. In the event that we make a change to or cancel an order, we may attempt to notify you by contacting the e-mail and/or billing address/phone number provided at the time the order was made.
Accuracy of information
Occasionally there may be information on the Website that contains typographical errors, inaccuracies or omissions that may relate to product descriptions, pricing, availability, promotions and offers. We reserve the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions, and to change or update information or cancel orders if any information on the Website or Services is inaccurate at any time without prior notice (including after you have submitted your order). We undertake no obligation to update, amend or clarify information on the Website including, without limitation, pricing information, except as required by law. No specified update or refresh date applied on the Website should be taken to indicate that all information on the Website or Services has been modified or updated.
Third party services
If you decide to enable, access or use third party services, be advised that your access and use of such other services are governed solely by the terms and conditions of such other services, and we do not endorse, are not responsible or liable for, and make no representations as to any aspect of such other services, including, without limitation, their content or the manner in which they handle data (including your data) or any interaction between you and the provider of such other services. You irrevocably waive any claim against the Operator with respect to such other services. The Operator is not liable for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with your enablement, access or use of any such other services, or your reliance on the privacy practices, data security processes or other policies of such other services. You may be required to register for or log into such other services on their respective platforms. By enabling any other services, you are expressly permitting the Operator to disclose your data as necessary to facilitate the use or enablement of such other service.
During your use of the Website and Services, you may enter into correspondence with or participate in promotions of advertisers or sponsors showing their goods or services through the Website and Services. Any such activity, and any terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such activity, is solely between you and the applicable third party. We shall have no liability, obligation or responsibility for any such correspondence, purchase or promotion between you and any such third party.
Links to other resources
Although the Website and Services may link to other resources (such as websites, mobile applications, etc.), we are not, directly or indirectly, implying any approval, association, sponsorship, endorsement, or affiliation with any linked resource, unless specifically stated herein. We are not responsible for examining or evaluating, and we do not warrant the offerings of, any businesses or individuals or the content of their resources. We do not assume any responsibility or liability for the actions, products, services, and content of any other third parties. You should carefully review the legal statements and other conditions of use of any resource which you access through a link on the Website. Your linking to any other off-site resources is at your own risk.
All of our products are made to order. All orders are held for at least three days prior to processing. Production time varies but expect at least six to eight weeks between order submission and shipping. Shipping times will vary by location and carrier.
Cancelling an order
All orders are held for three days prior to processing. Carefully review your order details and submitted sizing when you receive your order confirmation. During this time, you may cancel your order and receive a refund by emailing your request to email@example.com. A refund will be issued within 72 hours of acknowledgement of your cancellation.
Waiver of Liability and Injury
Adult supervision is required for all of our products. All products are intended only for strong, confident, skilled swimmers. Do not use any of our products in water too deep for your ability level. Do not use products under unsafe conditions. All users of our products assume all risks related to or occurring from its use. Improper use of our products may result in injury or death. Mer-Made LLC, related manufacturers, affiliates, nor seller of any products assume any liability.
Marketplace Artist Agreement
1. Scope: Any person creating an account on the Mer-Made Tail Design Marketplace is considered an artist or designer (hereafter ‘artist’) for the purposes of governing Terms and Conditions of this site, and is bound by the additional provisions contained in this Clause. Continued use of the Marketplace or uploading designs to it constitutes acceptance of these terms. If you do not agree, immediately close your account and terminate use of this service.
2. All artists must be 18 years of age or older at the time of signing up for an artist account.
3. Artistic rights and licensing: Mer-Made LLC requires permission and license to print submitted art as a finished product (printed mermaid tail) to provide to end customers, and to use product images uploaded to the site for social media marketing (Example: Featured Collection posts promoting your work). Mer-Made LLC does not require or seek any ownership or rights to artwork submitted to the Marketplace beyond this.
4. Exclusivity: Artists are not entering into any form of exclusive contract with Mer-Made LLC and may post work submitted to the Marketplace to other sites, or continue to work with other companies as they see fit.
5. Commission: A commission of $50.00 USD will be paid to each artist whose design is purchased for printing by a customer. This commission is subject to change. Commission will be paid via PayPal. A good faith best effort will be made to ensure that payments are made by the end of the calendar month. Any questions about commission payments made or owed must be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Taxes: ANY artist earning $600 or more in commissions in one calendar year will be required to submit an IRS W-9 form to Mer-Made LLC and will be issued a 1099-MISC for their taxes. This is mandatory and non-compliance will result in being expelled from the Marketplace.
7. Art Theft: Mer-Made LLC takes art theft very seriously. Any design suspected of being copied from another designer or company will be temporarily disabled pending an investigation, at which point a decision will be made if the listing can remain or not. Repeated instances of art theft will result in expulsion from the Marketplace. Art Theft includes, but is not limited to, wholesale copying of designs from other tailmakers for tails currently on the market or sold previously, duplication of distinctive color schemes or tail features of existing tails or tail designs, or a given design being ‘inspired by’ an existing design to the point of effectively copying it. These determinations will be made at the sole discretion of Mer-Made LLC
8. Watermarking: Artists are encouraged to watermark images they post on the site as representative of their products. Artists may use their own personal branding for this and images may include addresses of other sites. Mer-Made LLC will not be responsible for any un-watermarked images saved from the site.
9. Design Commissioning: Artists are permitted to post a ‘free’ ($0.00) ‘product listing’ that constitutes an advertisement for their tail design services. These listings are not intended to be purchased as a product but may contain the artists contact information, and any transaction resulting from this will take place outside of Mer-Made LLC’s web service, at the artists sole discretion and risk, and according to their own terms and conditions. Mer-Made LLC assumes no risk or liability for outcomes resulting from commission advertisements. If the commissioning customer chooses to print the resulting design with Mer-Made LLC, no further commission will be paid to the artist for that sale. The artist will not necessarily be notified that a commissioned design was printed.
10. Terminating your use of the marketplace: Artists may terminate their use of the marketplace at will. This is accomplished by notifying Mer-Made LLC in writing to email@example.com . Mer-Made LLC will reach out to confirm the intention prior to permanently deleting the artists store and all product listings, as well as any provided copies of the artists designs stored locally or in the cloud. Any outstanding commission will be paid by the last day of the month.
In addition to other terms as set forth in the Agreement, you are prohibited from using the Website and Services or Content: (a) for any unlawful purpose; (b) to solicit others to perform or participate in any unlawful acts; (c) to violate any international, federal, provincial or state regulations, rules, laws, or local ordinances; (d) to infringe upon or violate our intellectual property rights or the intellectual property rights of others; (e) to harass, abuse, insult, harm, defame, slander, disparage, intimidate, or discriminate based on gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, race, age, national origin, or disability; (f) to submit false or misleading information; (g) to upload or transmit viruses or any other type of malicious code that will or may be used in any way that will affect the functionality or operation of the Website and Services, third party products and services, or the Internet; (h) to spam, phish, pharm, pretext, spider, crawl, or scrape; (i) for any obscene or immoral purpose; or (j) to interfere with or circumvent the security features of the Website and Services, third party products and services, or the Internet. We reserve the right to terminate your use of the Website and Services for violating any of the prohibited uses.
Intellectual property rights
“Intellectual Property Rights” means all present and future rights conferred by statute, common law or equity in or in relation to any copyright and related rights, trademarks, designs, patents, inventions, goodwill and the right to sue for passing off, rights to inventions, rights to use, and all other intellectual property rights, in each case whether registered or unregistered and including all applications and rights to apply for and be granted, rights to claim priority from, such rights and all similar or equivalent rights or forms of protection and any other results of intellectual activity which subsist or will subsist now or in the future in any part of the world. This Agreement does not transfer to you any intellectual property owned by the Operator or third parties, and all rights, titles, and interests in and to such property will remain (as between the parties) solely with the Operator. All trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with the Website and Services, are trademarks or registered trademarks of the Operator or its licensors. Other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with the Website and Services may be the trademarks of other third parties. Your use of the Website and Services grants you no right or license to reproduce or otherwise use any of the Operator or third party trademarks.
Disclaimer of warranty
You agree that such Service is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis and that your use of the Website and Services is solely at your own risk. We expressly disclaim all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. We make no warranty that the Services will meet your requirements, or that the Service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free; nor do we make any warranty as to the results that may be obtained from the use of the Service or as to the accuracy or reliability of any information obtained through the Service or that defects in the Service will be corrected. You understand and agree that any material and/or data downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of Service is done at your own discretion and risk and that you will be solely responsible for any damage or loss of data that results from the download of such material and/or data. We make no warranty regarding any goods or services purchased or obtained through the Service or any transactions entered into through the Service unless stated otherwise. No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by you from us or through the Service shall create any warranty not expressly made herein.
Limitation of liability
To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, in no event will the Operator, its affiliates, directors, officers, employees, agents, suppliers or licensors be liable to any person for any indirect, incidental, special, punitive, cover or consequential damages (including, without limitation, damages for lost profits, revenue, sales, goodwill, use of content, impact on business, business interruption, loss of anticipated savings, loss of business opportunity) however caused, under any theory of liability, including, without limitation, contract, tort, warranty, breach of statutory duty, negligence or otherwise, even if the liable party has been advised as to the possibility of such damages or could have foreseen such damages. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, the aggregate liability of the Operator and its affiliates, officers, employees, agents, suppliers and licensors relating to the services will be limited to an amount no greater than one dollar or any amounts actually paid in cash by you to the Operator for the prior one month period prior to the first event or occurrence giving rise to such liability. The limitations and exclusions also apply if this remedy does not fully compensate you for any losses or fails of its essential purpose.
You agree to indemnify and hold the Operator and its affiliates, directors, officers, employees, agents, suppliers and licensors harmless from and against any liabilities, losses, damages or costs, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, incurred in connection with or arising from any third party allegations, claims, actions, disputes, or demands asserted against any of them as a result of or relating to your Content, your use of the Website and Services or any willful misconduct on your part.
All rights and restrictions contained in this Agreement may be exercised and shall be applicable and binding only to the extent that they do not violate any applicable laws and are intended to be limited to the extent necessary so that they will not render this Agreement illegal, invalid or unenforceable. If any provision or portion of any provision of this Agreement shall be held to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, it is the intention of the parties that the remaining provisions or portions thereof shall constitute their agreement with respect to the subject matter hereof, and all such remaining provisions or portions thereof shall remain in full force and effect.
Changes and amendments
We reserve the right to modify this Agreement or its terms related to the Website and Services at any time at our discretion. When we do, we will revise the updated date at the bottom of this page. We may also provide notice to you in other ways at our discretion, such as through the contact information you have provided.
An updated version of this Agreement will be effective immediately upon the posting of the revised Agreement unless otherwise specified. Your continued use of the Website and Services after the effective date of the revised Agreement (or such other act specified at that time) will constitute your consent to those changes.
Acceptance of these terms
You acknowledge that you have read this Agreement and agree to all its terms and conditions. By accessing and using the Website and Services you agree to be bound by this Agreement. If you do not agree to abide by the terms of this Agreement, you are not authorized to access or use the Website and Services.
If you have any questions, concerns, or complaints regarding this Agreement, we encourage you to contact us using the details below:
This document was last updated on March 24, 2021